Privacy Statement for Suppliers/Agencies
- At Europa we care about your data
- We take General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seriously and we strive to ensure data processes are always in line with current regulations
- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use your data to provide our services to you, respond to your enquiries, manage our relationship with you, pay you, meet our legal obligations, and improve our website
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things
- We take security seriously
- You have privacy rights as an individual
- We are happy to talk to you about how we process and protect your data
What data we hold
- As one of our suppliers, we will hold the following personal information about you for as long as we have a relationship with you or think we might want to buy products or services from you, or for the duration of a dispute with you (which we hope won’t happen).
- We hold the information that is needed to fulfil our contract with you. This will be your contact details (we need to know who you are so we can do business with you) and your payment details. After all, if you are a supplier, you do expect us to pay you
- We may pass your contact details on in the form of recommendations to other companies looking for suppliers by word of mouth. We see this as a legitimate thing for a business to do; it helps you grow your business and benefits everyone in the network
- If you contact us, we will follow up on your call and endeavour to help. We keep a record of enquiries received, so that we know what we have said to whom. This is a legitimate thing for a business to do to ensure that both parties are happy with the service levels between them
- If you use our website, technical personal data is also captured that is processed to protect our users from cyber-attacks and also for us to see which bits of our website are being used the most, which in term helps us with our strategy planning, a legitimate thing for companies to do
- If you are a sales Developer, we will pass your contact details to the client whose project you are working on. This is because we cannot engage subprocessors without the prior authorisation of the client (or controller).
- We generate log files from various servers if you should happen to visit our website: this will include an IP address assigned to you or, more likely, to someone who provides you with Internet access
- The cookies we use only contain anonymous information to improve the services we offer, and do not contain personal information
We may use the logs from our servers to assist in our firm’s security, as well as to determine visitor behaviour and help us plan our strategy (e.g. such as working out which pages on the site are most popular, or whether particular events have caused an increase in traffic). We have legal and regulatory obligations to protect our clients and their information and strategy planning is a legitimate thing for a business to do.
Our website, like many others, uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google can provide more details about their cookies
Transfers of your data outside of the EEA
We do not transfer data of our suppliers or agents outside of the EEA unless you yourself are a supplier based outside the EEA.
We also have a small number of companies providing services to us. These are our processors and we have confirmed that they all meet the requirements of EU data protection laws. They are mentioned in the relevant parts of our privacy statement so you are aware of when we use them.
Protecting your data
As an organisation, Europa is committed to protecting personal data. This includes technical security measures (e.g. intrusion, detection, firewalls, monitoring), encryption of personal data, restricted access to personal data, protection of our physical premises and hard assets, maintaining security measures for our team members (e.g. pre-screening), a data-loss prevention strategy and regular testing of our security procedure.
We do not record telephone calls with our suppliers. This may change in the future, but if it does, don’t worry, we will let you know. If you are an agent then you may be involved in recorded briefing calls with clients. Click here to access our client Privacy statement.
You have numerous rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are, that you can request on demand:
- A copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- That we delete information on you if we do not need to hold it
- That we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- That we stop processing your data, for certain things, eg marketing although we can still hold it
- That we move your data to another organisation’s IT system electronically
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/postal-addresses/
If you want to talk to us about data privacy and how we manage your data, you can contact us on email@example.com